*** 30 DAY MINIMUM RENTAL ***
THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE IN THE U.S. YOU AND YOUR PETS CAN STAY WHERE JIM MORRISON LIVED! "CHERI AMOUR" IS A HISTORIC BUILDING KNOWN AS "JIM MORRISON'S LAST KNOWN U. S. RESIDENCE".
Can you imagine staying rock legend Jim Morrison's (The Doors) personal former home, known worldwide amongst Doors fans as “Jim Morrison‘s last known U.S. residence” and featured in Doors biographies, documentaries, television, film, newspaper and magazine articles, and internet websites? Now you can!
The rock legend and poet resided there with his girlfriend, Pamela Courson, from 1970 - 1971. During this time, they never gave up the apt. when they left for Paris, where he reportedly died on July 3, 1971. Jim's famous "Rolling Stone" interview was conducted here. A séance with three world renowned psychics was held here in 2004. Cheri Woods gave an exclusive interview to "Current Affair" regarding Jim's alleged faked death.
Live in Jim's private sanctuary where he wrote his poetry and played his music at this charming, traditionally elegant 6-unit villa estate built in 1932. Located in the heart of the action, this historical 2nd floor private gated stair-cased apartment is within walking distance to all types of dining and shopping. You can step out to the famed Sunset Strip for the exciting nightlife where you will rub shoulders with the stars. West Hollywood is wedged between Hollywood and Beverly Hills, and only minutes to the beach communities & airport. It is the location of choice for entertainment industry luminaries.
It takes you back to simpler times, the days of "peace and love" when Jim lived there! If you are looking for a place with all the modern luxuries and conveniences, this is not it! But if you want the Old Hollywood Golden-Era architecture mixed with the long-gone days of rock 'n roll experience of a lifetime, this is it!
FREE TOUR FOR OUR GUESTS! You will be emailed a tour brochure which provides the history on the building and shares never before revealed anecdotes from when Jim and Pam lived there, so you can take a self-guided tour in and around the property. (Value $20 per person.)
Your off-site host is Hollywood celebrity actress, author, and entrepreneur, Cheri Woods. Cheri is the ex-wife of International pop star Stevie Woods, daughter-in-law of jazz icon Rusty Bryant, and cousin-in-law of “Miami Vice” TV star Phillip Michael-Thomas. Cheri is a licensed real-estate agent and can assist you with any real-estate needs such as a permanent rental or selling / purchasing property in the Los Angeles or Las Vegas area.
* West Hollywood is wedged between Hollywood and Beverly Hills.* 2 mi. to Hollywood Blvd. tourist attractions * 2 mi. to Beverly Hills * You can step out to the famed Sunset Strip for the exciting night life where you will rub shoulders with the stars* 2 blocks to the Strip * It is the location of choice for entertainment industry luminaries * 12 mi. LAX * 12 mi. Santa Monica Beach
* Locked gated complex with 24/7 surveillance security system * Free utilities * Free cable TV * Free Wifi * Free designated onsite parking with controlled access * Onsite coin laundry
* 2 bedrooms with full bedding, lock and key, ceiling fan, and small walk-in closet
BR #1 was Jim's former personal master bedroom, with a California King bed and featherbed topper. This is your chance to sleep where Jim Slept!
BR #2 was Jim's guest bedroom, with a full bed and memory foam topper.
* 1 1/4 bathrooms with hair dryer, washcloths, hand and bath towels. Main bathroom has tub and shower.
* Queen sofa bed in living room
* Living room wall A.C.
* Portable room A.C.
* Dining Room table seating for 4
* Fully functional kitchen with stove and oven, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker
* Natural oak hardwood flooring
* Arched doorways
* Crown molding
* Unique circular designed unit
* Guest books to read Doors fans thoughts, feelings & experiences, and to share your own!
No credit check or lease required, as you are a guest ("lodger") not a tenant. Reservations can be made over the internet, through the mail, or in person. We are the best kept secret in the entertainment industry for lodging in the Los Angeles area. All you need is your toothbrush!
Pets are welcome with prior approval. Certain breed restrictions due to liability issues.
* Prices are less than a government per diem, perfect for extended-stay business travelers, relocating employees, entertainment industry clients, or any other purpose. It is a cost-saving alternative to hotels or corporate housing chains. There are no taxes or hidden costs. No discounts are offered so do not ask! This historical apartment is so reasonably priced that we often have to turn guests away!
Prices are based on occupancy for up to 8 guests. Additional guests are $10 per night per guest.
* Early check-in
* No agents commission
* No set-up fee
* No credit check or fee
* No lease or fee
* No resort fee
* No safe fee
* No taxes
* No minimum stay
* No internet fee
* No pet fee
* No hidden fees
RESERVATIONS: Check host calendar prior to making your reservation.
To secure a reservation, you must provide an advance payment in full for the # of nights you are reserving and cleaning fee. Your $100 refundable security deposit (and $100 refundable pet deposit, if applicable) must be paid directly to your host prior to your arrival.
Payment made directly through Roomorama. Hosts are not involved in the payment process.
Last-minute guests are welcome, but there is no guarantee to availability if you do not book in advance.
Property Type: Apartment
Size: 69m² / 750ft²
Number of Bathrooms: 1.5
Number of Rooms: 2
Bed Types: 2x 1x
Security Deposit: US$100 cash What's this?
Processing/Misc Charges: US$50
Min Stay: 30 nights
Max Guests: 8
Smoking Allowed: No
Children Friendly: Yes
Pets Allowed: Yes
Check In / Out: 03:00 / 11:00
Cleaning: US$50 (Required)
- Bed Linen & Towels
- Wireless Internet
- Cable TV
- Parking Included
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Free Cleaning
- Wheelchair Access
- Outdoor Space
Sands41 August 28, 2013
My friends and I stayed at this property and it was fantastic :) the location was excellent with lots to do and see and great food in the area. The apartment was very clean and comfortable and the pictures and information available made it a really great experience. Communication with Cheri was always prompt and informative. Thanks so much we would recommend this property highly.
Jesterhud August 05, 2012
Had a great stay here, good communications with the host, easy to find, good instructions for getting access to apartment, like staying in a time warp back to the 70s, we loved every minute of it,
Dreamtown February 08, 2012
It was great place during my stay with my family. The host was so friendly and kind. If I have a chance to visit LA, I surely use this house again.
A Big Family
We have more than 120,000 professionally managed properties worldwide.
Secure Online Bookings
Manage your bookings safely.
Sign up today for your free account.
100% real reviews from real guests.
24/7 Customer Service
We are there for you any time, anywhere.
Enjoy exclusive discounts on activities and services.