THE BEST OF WASHINGTON, D.C.
Alluring private, guest suite with cathedral ceiling, surrounded by windows facing a sunny back garden. You have your own private entrance with an in-suite bath and large, walk in closet. You’ll enjoy a new queen-size, pillow top bed while an extra guest takes advantage of a fold out twin love seat. Take advantage of our WI FI to settle onto the loveseat and plan your next day’s adventures. Laundry, microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker are all at your disposal in your walk in tiled closet.
Driving? Ample and unrestricted street parking is available in front of the house. We’re located in the charming Palisades Section of NW DC, which illustrates better than any other neighborhood in the metro area what it means to be a “village within a city.” With close proximity to National Park hiking and bike trails, kayaking and canoes, you’ll experience the best of DC’s outdoor life.
Find out why the Palisades is one of the most sought-after areas in the city. You’ll experience the vibrancy of DC – with a quiet, comfortable place to come back to.
Our property is available for 4 nights up to several months. We welcome families, couples intrepid adventurers, and individual travelers whether on business, research or vacation...this property is for you!
• Coffee maker, mini-fridge, microwave and toaster in your walk in closet.
• WIFI, desk and chair.
• Separate heating and air conditioning system.
• Guide books, maps and brochures.
• Lovely yard with table and bench, and a gas BBQ.
• Located in the charming Palisades Village neighborhood with wonderful restaurants, coffee shops, sidewalk dining, farmers market, grocery store, gourmet take out, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, and public library...everything you need just in1-2 blocks!
• Free unrestricted street parking in front of the house. A pass for free weekend parking on The Mall is provided as well!
• Steps away from the D5 Express and D6 Metro Buses that will take you to The National Mall, Metro and Downtown plus all the other most interesting sights in the city.
• 3 blocks to National Park Land hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River and Fletcher's Boathouse! Lose yourself in DC’s historic trails and woods and then suit up later
C. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
• Quiet, safe, street, in the Palisades Village just a block away from gourmet restaurants, take-out, fish market, coffee shops, pizza, upscale wine store, Farmers Market, Safeway, CVS, post office, banks, dry cleaners and community library.
• Approximately 1.5 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
• Limitless free cultural options. Just a 15 minute drive by car (I have a free parking pass for your use) to The National Mall with its memorials and Smithsonian museums. A 10 minute drive to the Kennedy Center where there is a free performance every night at 6pm.
• An outdoor lover’s paradise in the middle of the city. The house is 3 blocks from Battery-Kemble National Park. Walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, Kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal, Canal Trail, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
• Unrestricted street parking in front of the house plus I provide a parking pass for The National Mall (National memorials and Smithsonian museums).
• We are on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner of V St. and MacArthur Blvd NW 1/2 block away) to Georgetown, DuPont Circle, World Bank, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, The White House, Metro Center, Union Station, i.e. everything that you want to see and it's a beautiful ride to boot! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to "Trip Planner" to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
Property Type: Apartment
Size: 22m² / 240ft²
Number of Bathrooms: 1
Number of Rooms: Studio
Bed Types: 1x 1x
Security Deposit: No What's this?
Processing/Misc Charges: US$45
Min Stay: 4 nights
Max Guests: 3
Rates Based On: 1 Guest
Additional Guest Pays: US$15/ night
Smoking Allowed: No
Children Friendly: Yes
Pets Allowed: No
Check In / Out: 15:00 / 10:00
Cleaning: US$30 (Optional)
- Bed Linen & Towels
- Wireless Internet
- Cable TV
- Parking Included
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Free Cleaning
- Wheelchair Access
- Outdoor Space
Xbouillot December 20, 2013
This is a wonderful place to stay, very confortable and clean, with a private entry in a nice little garden, also in a nice neighborhood. The host Charlotte is very welcoming and thoughtful, and always make sure that your stay is the nicest possible. She's a good person to ask advices for your trip around DC. I spent nearly two month there for work and it was very convenient and felt like home. I'll recommand it whitout any hesitation.
Sasithornchong April 10, 2013
I've been staying here for about a week and a half and love every moment I spend at this place! The place and the neighborhood are very nice, safe and friendly! Staying here makes it all feels like home. Very nice and comfortable since I had spent 24+ hours on the plane to the States. Charlotte has been one of the greatest hosts I have ever encountered and she makes it very easy for me to get around the city and know the place. I would like to thank her for the warm welcome and generosity. I totally recommend this place! This is a great place and it wouldn't be complete without a great host! Once again, Charlotte, thank you for a great experience!
Dalorso September 01, 2012
Charlotte était vraiment une hôte parfaite, prête à répondre à toutes mes questions, et vraiment accessible. Vous pouvez réserver sans hésitation.
Edwinandjane August 03, 2012
Nice, clean and stylish room. Sincere host. Small bathroom, but served the purpose. Would be perfect if a/c draft over the bed be improved.
13cla May 28, 2012
THE BEST PLACE TO STAY IN D.C.!!!!!!!!!! Me and my wife spent a week here and it was great. The room is so clean with more amenities than most hotels. I have zero complaints what so ever. The location is awesome with great restaurants and a grocery store less than 100 yards from the doorstep. We also took advantage of just leaving our car and taking the bus everyday to the museums, because the bus stop is right by the grocery store. Seriously this is my third time visiting D.C. and by far staying here was the best.. If you are coming to d.c. and need somewhere to stay look no further, you will not be disappointed.
Peterosgood October 02, 2011
Very nice apartment--that is very convenient to a grocery store, restaurants, and a bus stop--and a very accommodating host! Would highly recommend to anyone in the DC/Georgetown area!
A Big Family
We have more than 120,000 professionally managed properties worldwide.
Secure Online Bookings
Manage your bookings safely.
Sign up today for your free account.
100% real reviews from real guests.
24/7 Customer Service
We are there for you any time, anywhere.
Enjoy exclusive discounts on activities and services.