*** 30 DAY MINIMUM RENTAL ***
THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE IN THE U.S. YOU CAN STAY WHERE JIM MORRISON LIVED!
"CHERI AMOUR" IS A HISTORIC BUILDING KNOWN AS "JIM MORRISON'S LAST KNOWN U. S. RESIDENCE".
Can you imagine staying in the same building as where rock legend Jim Morrison's (The Doors) lived in his former home, known worldwide amongst Doors fans as “Jim Morrison‘s last known U.S. residence” and featured in Doors biographies, documentaries, television, film, newspaper and magazine articles, and internet websites? Now you can!
The rock legend and poet resided there with his girlfriend, Pamela Courson, from 1970 - 1971. During this time, they left for Paris where he reportedly died on July 3, 1971. Jim's famous "Rolling Stone" interview was conducted here. A séance with three world renowned psychics was held here in 2004. Cheri Woods gave an exclusive interview to "Current Affair" regarding Jim's alleged faked death.
Live in the building of Jim's private sanctuary where he wrote his poetry and played his music at this charming, traditionally elegant 6-unit villa estate built in 1932. Located in the heart of the action, this historical apartment is within walking distance to all types of dining and shopping. You can step out to the famed Sunset Strip for the exciting nightlife where you will rub shoulders with the stars. West Hollywood is wedged between Hollywood and Beverly Hills, and only minutes to the beach communities & airport. It is the location of choice for entertainment industry luminaries.
It takes you back to simpler times, the days of "peace and love" when Jim lived there! If you are looking for a place with all the modern luxuries and conveniences, this is not it! But if you want the Old Hollywood Golden-Era architecture mixed with the long-gone days of rock 'n roll experience of a lifetime, this is it!
FREE TOUR FOR OUR GUESTS! You will be emailed a tour brochure which provides the history on the building and shares never before revealed anecdotes from when Jim and Pam lived there, so you can take a FREE self-guided tour around the property. (Value $20 per person.)
Your off-site host is Hollywood celebrity actress, author, and entrepreneur, Cheri Woods. Cheri is the ex-wife of International pop star Stevie Woods, daughter-in-law of jazz icon Rusty Bryant, and cousin-in-law of “Miami Vice” TV star Phillip Michael-Thomas. Cheri is a licensed real-estate agent and can assist you with any real-estate needs such as a permanent rental or selling / purchasing property in the Los Angeles or Las Vegas area.
We have 7 rentals in 3 locations in 2 states. All of our rentals are "self check-in." This means the guests are provided a personal access code to the electronic lock to the rental unit door, so they can arrive any time they wish when check-in time begins. Since our guests come from all over the world on different time zones, and sometimes several guests arriving on the same day, it is impossible for your host to meet and greet you. So it is important that you read the listing carefully. After you book, your check-in instructions will be emailed to you a few days prior to your arrival. It is important that you READ AND PRINT THEM OUT, and FOLLOW THEM so that your check-in and check-out process goes smoothly, and your stay is an enjoyable one.
* West Hollywood is wedged between Hollywood and Beverly Hills.* 2 mi. to Hollywood Blvd. tourist attractions * 2 mi. to Beverly Hills * You can step out to the famed Sunset Strip for the exciting night life where you will rub shoulders with the stars* 2 blocks to the Strip * It is the location of choice for entertainment industry luminaries * 12 mi. LAX * 12 mi. Santa Monica Beach
* ADA accessible ground floor unit (2 step entry) * Locked gated complex with 24/7 surveillance security system * Free utilities * Free cable TV * Free Wifi * Free designated onsite parking with controlled access * Onsite coin laundry
* Natural oak hardwood flooring * Arched doorways * Crown molding * Unique circular designed unit * 1 1/4 baths (tub and shower) * Living room with window A.C.* dining room w/ seating for 4 * newly remodeled kitchen.
* Queen antique-style wrought-iron bed w/ bedding * Authentic antique Victorian floor lamp * Pvt. closet w/ safe * Ceiling fan * Exterior lock & key * AEG MUSIC TV PRODUCER & DIRECTOR KEN EHRLICH'S DRESSER
* Authentic antique wrought-iron double bed w/ bedding & memory foam topper * Authentic antique dresser * Pvt. closet * Ceiling fan * Exterior lock & key
No credit check or lease required, as you are a guest ("lodger") not a tenant. We are the best-kept secret in the entertainment industry for lodging in the Los Angeles area.
Pets are welcome with prior approval. Certain breed restrictions due to liability issues.
* Prices are less than a government per diem, perfect for extended-stay business travelers, relocating employees, entertainment industry clients, or any other purpose. It is a cost-saving alternative to hotels or corporate housing chains. There are no taxes or hidden costs. No discounts are offered so do not ask! This historical apartment is so reasonably priced that we often have to turn guests away!
Prices are based on occupancy for up to 4 guests. Additional guests are $10 per night per guest. Pets are free.
* Early check-in
* No agents commission
* No set-up fee
* No credit check or fee
* No lease or fee
* No resort fee
* No safe fee
* No taxes
* No minimum stay
* No internet fee
* No hidden fees
RESERVATIONS: Check host calendar prior to making your reservation.
To secure a reservation, you must provide an advance payment in full for the # of nights you are reserving, cleaning fee (and pet deposit, if applicable.)
Your $100 refundable security deposit must be paid directly to your host prior to your arrival.
Payment made directly through Roomorama. Hosts are not involved in the payment process.
Last minute guests are welcome, but there is no guarantee as to availability if you do not book in advance.
Property Type: Apartment
Size: 69m² / 750ft²
Number of Bathrooms: 1.5
Number of Rooms: 2
Bed Types: 2x
Security Deposit: US$100 cash What's this?
Processing/Misc Charges: US$50
Min Stay: 30 nights
Max Guests: 4
Rates Based On: 4 Guests
Additional Guest Pays: US$10/ night
Smoking Allowed: No
Children Friendly: Yes
Pets Allowed: Yes
Check In / Out: 03:00 / 11:00
- Bed Linen & Towels
- Wireless Internet
- Cable TV
- Parking Included
- Air Conditioning
- Washing Machine
- Free Cleaning
- Wheelchair Access
- Outdoor Space
Rhumblebee May 22, 2013
I would not recommend staying in this place. The bathroom shower had mold in the grout, the half bath is actually a toilet in the living room coat closet with no sink and the dishes in the kitchen were not clean. The owner is difficult and made the experience unpleasant. The location is good.
A Big Family
We have more than 120,000 professionally managed properties worldwide.
Secure Online Bookings
Manage your bookings safely.
Sign up today for your free account.
100% real reviews from real guests.
24/7 Customer Service
We are there for you any time, anywhere.
Enjoy exclusive discounts on activities and services.